- Registration begins on January 18, 2018, and ends April 30 2018. Registration is subject to availability and we can't guarantee a space. (Special Note for students from District 204 entering 9th grade: Students may participate in an eLo summer school course but do not receive credit for the course per district policy).
You may access the course descriptions by clicking directly on the images below. Take special care to read the descriptions for American Government and U.S. History to make sure you choose the correct course for your child.
One summer session required. Offered in June or July. Tuition: $185 plus convenience fees. Pacing Guides
Two consecutive summer sessions required. Students will complete the semester one course in June and the semester two course in July. Tuition: $370 plus convenience fees. Pacing Guides
One summer session required. Offered in June or July. Tuition: $185 plus convenience fees. Special Note for students interested in the Summer Health Course: Health class will be replaced by physical education during the school year. Taking it over the summer will not free up time in your child's schedule. Pacing Guides
|Summer Registration Opens||January 18, 2018|
|Summer Registration Closes||April 30, 2018|
|Summer Information Night||Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:00pm|
|eLo Orientation Opens||May 29, 2018|
|Summer Session 1 Opens||June 11, 2018|
|Summer Session 1 Closes||July 3, 2018|
|Summer Session 2 Opens||July 5, 2018|
|Summer Session 2 Closes||July 27, 2018|
|Summer Session 1 & 2 cancellation with $25 Processing Fee||Before or on May 28, 2018|
|Summer Session 1 cancellation with $80 Late Cancellation fee||May 29-June 11, 2018|
|Summer Session 2 cancellation with $80 Late Cancellation fee||May 29-July 5, 2018|
|Last Day to Drop without Academic Penalty Session 1||June 15, 2018|
|Last Day to Drop without Academic Penalty Session 2||July 9, 2018|
Summer Webinar For parents and Students
Summer School Registration Policies
- Each session costs $185. U.S. History and Geometry require two consecutive sessions.
- Registration begins on January 18, 2018, and ends April 30 2018. Registration is subject to availability and we can't guarantee a space.
- Special Note for students from District 204 entering 9th grade: Students may participate in an eLo summer school course but do not receive credit for the course per district policy).
- Special Note: If you elect to take Health over the summer, it will be replaced by physical education during the year (per State of Illinois policies).
- Only credit or debit card payments are accepted. We cannot refund convenience fees.
- If you cancel your session on or before May 28, 2018, you will be refunded the cost of the class (not including any online convenience fees) minus a $25 non-refundable processing fee.
- If you switch sessions on or before May 28, 2018, you will be refunded for the cost of the class (not including any online convenience fees) minus a $25 non-refundable processing fee and you may then register for the new session.
- For session one courses, if you cancel your session on or between May 29-June 11, 2018, you will receive a partial refund of $105.
- For session two courses, if you cancel your session on or between May 29-July 5 2018, you will receive a partial refund of $105.
- After the first day of each summer school session, no refunds will be issued.
- You may withdraw from a course with no refund and no academic penalty between June 12, 2018 and June 15, 2018 for first session and July 6-July 9, 2018 for second session. Withdrawing after those dates will result in a withdrawal failure reported to your school.
Each session runs for 23 calendar days including the weekends. We expect students to follow the pacing guidelines outlined by the teacher. The pacing guide divides the work into manageable pieces by day so that students do not get overwhelmed. Although students are not required to log-in to the course at a set time or day, the most successful students develop a consistent work routine. If scheduling conflicts arise, students should inform the instructor and work with them to develop a plan. Students may work ahead and complete the course early. If you would like to view the pacing guides for a particular course, please choose the course below:
Instructors maintain all grades inside the Canvas Learning Management System and not the local portals such as Home Access, Infinite Campus, or Synergy. When the course is complete, final grades will be reported back to the school and entered inside the local grade reporting system. Generally, it will take a few weeks until the grades become officially posted inside your school's system. Courses count toward the overall GPA, and similar to any other course offered by the school.
We use the Canvas Learning Management System to deliver the course. Each course contains an orientation module acclimating students to the online environment. The orientation will go live two weeks in advance of the term start date to help students become comfortable with the online environment, prepare for the first day, and have time to contact the eLo office if they have questions or computer concerns. The orientation serves as a prerequisite students must complete before they may begin the course.
Daily school attendance is not required, and all coursework exists virtually. Students do not need special computer hardware or software other than consistent Internet connectivity and general Word processing software such as Microsoft Word or Google Apps for Education. Students may work on the course from their preferred location including while on vacation.
Summer Frequently Asked Questions
We will open the course approximately two weeks early for orientation only. We cannot open the content before the first day of session 1 and session 2.
Course extensions are not permitted. Please plan accordingly. Late work policies will be determined by your teacher.
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide materials prior to the course. Our courses and materials are in a digital format.
Our courses are asynchronous. You will never have to be online at a specific time of the day throughout this course.
Your teacher will not be available until the first day of class. It is very important to get online as soon as possible and communicate with your teacher if necessary
Our summer courses are first-come, first served. We try to accomodate all students who wish to take a class with us. If you need to change sessions, you will be refunded minus a $25 processing fee and you may re-register for a different session.
Please review the Summer Policies here.
It depends on the student. It is important to keep in mind that our summer courses move at an accelerated pace and are designed to be as rigorous as face-to-face courses.
Each student is different. We provide you with a pacing guide. The guide divides your work into daily assignments. It is good practice to follow the pacing guide.
You can work ahead in the course but you cannot fall behind. If you plan to finish the course early, you should inform your teacher as soon as possible and make arrangements to complete the final.
REady to Register?
- If a student knows they will be traveling or away from a computer when assignments are due, he/she should plan ahead and submit the work early. All of our courses contain due dates including late work policies.
American Government/U.S. History students. Please take care to choose the correct course. American Government is a one session course and U.S. History is a two session course.